> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Consumer Fraud > Can i sue a car dealer that leased a car in my name to someone who stole my identity?

Can i sue a car dealer that leased a car in my name to someone who stole my identity?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 08th, 2017 on Consumer Fraud - New York
More details to this question:
Car was leased by a person that stole my identity. Do I have any action against the dealer?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 12th, 2017 at 4:13 PM

I am not sure what the action would be.  If you did not pay the lease, and it was found to be a fraud, there is really no further claim.  You are not going to prove the dealer did it intentionally to you.

Report Abuse
Consumer Fraud
Are you the victim of consumer fraud? Has a business treated you unfairly or acted in a deceptive manner? Have you lost money or property to a scam artist? Has your insurance company denied a legitimate claim? A consumer fraud law firm can help you take legal action against the company, which may including filing an individual or class action lawsuit against the business. Your lawyer can also notify the appropriate attorney general or state's attorney--which often act as consumer watchdogs--and urge the government to launch a criminal investigation if appropriate.
Have an Consumer Fraud Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

306 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

141 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

114 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

92 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Consumer Fraud Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums